Thursday, March 24, 2011

Billy Graham and the Wind

Today, I had an interesting conversation with a pro-choice individual.  Her biggest evidence for allowing an early pregnancy abortion is that because you cannot visibly see or feel the baby.  Her words used to describe the baby at the point where an abortion would be satisfactory in her opinion was when it was "small and not well formed".  I believe after my response she had to rethink her thought process.

As I sat there listening to her thought process, I had to respond with a famous Billy Graham quote, "Can you see God? You haven't seen him? I've never seen the wind. I see the effects of the wind, but I've never seen the wind. There's a mystery to it."  I followed this quote by saying just cause you can't see something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.  There are effects to being pregnant---usually most women note being nauseous in the first trimester; those are the effects of the "wind".  You cannot deny that there is life.  Life begins when the egg is fertilized and from that moment the DNA begins to form the unique code that is that person.

So let's not deny the unborn the right to life because we can't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment