Sunday, October 30, 2011

Embodiment of Second Timothy 4:7

I have not been blogging lately due to the circumstances in my family and my job. Upon accepting the challenge to be the Campaign Director for 40 Days for Life Tucson, I have been dealing with the biggest amount of spiritual warfare that I have ever had to deal with in my life. I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy, because this experience has strengthened me.

Shortly after accepting the challenge I found that my job was in jeopardy of being renewed due to the budget circumstance. Then my uncle started feeling ill. He went in to have a check up and found that he had stage four lung cancer and a tumor on his brain stem. My uncle Ron faced the cancer head on. He embodied the verse 2 Timothy 4:7 which is as follows:

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

Throughout this whole situation of countless surgeries, pneumonia battle, and other procedures my uncle never once complained or lost faith in God. his strength was remarkable and his spirits were a witness to all. His positive attitude and unwavering faith were a testimony of his confident faith in God. Although I mourn the physical loss of him. I celebrate the life he lived and knowing that God first healed him spiritually a few years ago which was the greatest need and this morning He healed him completely.

I must also remember that God rejoices in the deaths of his saints for this reason. Please see Psalms 116:15.

Please continue to pray for my family.

This incident really has reminded me how much I enjoy blogging and just how quick life really is.

Blogs to come soon, and I promise their good.



1 comment: