Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dia de Las Madres

Today is a very special day.  It is Mother's Day.  No matter who you are or where you came from- everyone has a mother.  No matter what the situation may be between your mother and yourself, today is a day that you must be thankful for the great gift of life that she gave you. Unselfishly chosing to give you life, carrying you in her womb for 9 months, and going through a painful delivery to bring you into existence.  What a gift.  No matter if you were an accident, or a miracle there is a purpose for your life and your mom chose to have you.

As I was sitting in my car today, I was overcame with emotion.  My mind wondered how those women who have had abortions handle a day like today.  Today is probably a very hard day for those women.  It is a probably a day of great saddness, a day of questioning, and a day of what ifs. Imagining a life that could have been, imagining a life of possibilities.  I can't imagine what it must be like to go to Sunday brunch with your mom and see a mother walk in with a child that would be around the same age as the child that is aborted. 

So today, I am praying for all those women.  That God would show them a life of fulfillness in Him, forgiveness through Him, and the mercy that only Jesus gives.  Secondly, I am praying that God would use their voices to speak out against the atrocity that kills 3,700 babies daily in the US and that these women's voices would change our legislation and keep other women from suffering the way that these women have.

Last and finally, I must thank my mother for chosing life.  For giving birth to me and allowing me to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment